New Testament Survey (registration closed)
This course is an introduction to the books of the New Testament and their relationship to each other in the historical setting in which they were created.
- Date & Time: Tuesdays 6-9pm, February 1, 8, 15, 22
- Registration Deadline: January 21
- Textbooks (2 Books): How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth (Fee) (buy it here or borrow it from Zlibrary here)| ISBN: 9780310517825 & How to Read the Bible Book by Book (Fee) | ISBN: 0310518083 (buy it here or borrow it from Zlibrary here)
Introduction to Assemblies of God Missions (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
This course is an introduction to the history, theology, philosophy, and practice of missions in the Assemblies of God.
- Date & Time: March 4-5; Friday 6pm-9pm & Saturday 9am-4pm
- Registration Deadline: February 22
- Textbook: Missions in the Age of the Spirit (York) | ISBN: 978-0882434643 (buy here or borrow from Zlibrary here)
This course will examine the Biblical basis for evangelism, beginning with the Great Commission, and the role of the Holy Spirit in evangelism. Consideration will also be given to Jesus’ and the Apostles’ evangelistic methods along with the importance and process of discipling new believers.
- Date & Time: April 22-23; Friday 6pm-9pm & Saturday 9am-4pm
- Registration Deadline: April 12
- Textbook: The Master Plan of Evangelism (Coleman) | ISBN: 978-0800788087 (buy here or borrow from Zlibrary here) and Holy Conversation (Peace) | ISBN: 978-0830811199 (buy here)
This course is a study of the New Testament book of Acts from a Pentecostal perspective.
- Date & Time: Tuesdays 6-9pm, May 10, 17, 24, 31
- Registration Deadline: April 30
- Textbook: Acts of the Holy Spirit (Wood) | ISBN: 1603820248
For more information, see our School of Ministry page or contact Joy Hunt (jhunt [at] socalschoolofministry [dot] org).